Fruit Smoked St. Louis Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigplay24

Original poster
Jan 12, 2015
Im getting ready to smoke so ribs and I am either going to go with a peach or apple compliment. I plan on using a juice olive oil mixture while applying the rub and coating them in brown sugar and preserves while  wrap them mid cook. I cant decide whether to use peach or apple so some opinions would be great.

I have never done preserves but last time I used honey instead of brown sugar and they turned out superb. I don't see why either would not be good if that is what you are going for. I have made smoked apple pie with cheddar before and it was awesome. I need to do that again soon.

Peach, apricot, grape preserves all make a good glaze. Personally I wouldn't add the preserves to the foil. I'd pull the ribs from the foil and glaze and put back on the grill/smoker to set up. For a bit of heat add sriracha or other hot sauce to you preserves. Combine with some liquid and reduce by half over medium heat.

Ether way they should be good.

Happy smoken.

David

PS 
worthless.gif

I have never done preserves but last time I used honey instead of brown sugar and they turned out superb. I don't see why either would not be good if that is what you are going for. I have made smoked apple pie with cheddar before and it was awesome. I need to do that again soon.
Plz tell me more about that pie!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky