Frozen leftovers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

upin smoke

Original poster
Jan 31, 2015
So I smoked a large brisket about 2 weeks ago on my offset.
Tender, juicy and great tasting. I sliced up what was left over and put in freezer.
My question is… what is the best way to heatup, nuke, broil,? some slices to get that just smoked brisket back again?

So I smoked a large brisket about 2 weeks ago on my offset.
Tender, juicy and great tasting. I sliced up what was left over and put in freezer.
My question is… what is the best way to heatup, nuke, broil,? some slices to get that just smoked brisket back again?
worthless.gif

It probably would disapoint you, so I will do you a favor and let you send it to me.

Keep it in the vac bags and just warm it in warm water bath.

If it was vacuum sealed just drop the sealed bag in cold water in a pot on the stove, turn on the heat and let the water warm just until the water starts to boil.  It is ready then.

If it wasn't vacuum sealed you can nuke it, but use a medium low or thaw setting so the frozen meat slowly warms, preventing the internal juices from boiling out of the meat. 

Another handy thing for reheating is a rice steamer, gives you the heat and keeps it moist. My wife is a nurse in an ER so we never know exactly what time she will get home so putting the meat in the rice steamer works great.

Another handy thing for reheating is a rice steamer, gives you the heat and keeps it moist. My wife is a nurse in an ER so we never know exactly what time she will get home so putting the meat in the rice steamer works great.
Hell ya I used to have one of those. Just like a double boiler. get yourself a seal a meal deal. for next time. amazing.

I have three rice cookers... I make spam musubis for various fundraisers and need all of them! If I'm need more I'll borrow one from my MIL who has enough stuff to cater a large wedding...

If you just put it in a freezer bag, here is what I would do put it in an oven safe pan spritz or add just a little water cover with foil and warm in the oven, I like it better that way. May just be me but when I nuke meat it seems to change the texture and doesn't have the same flavor.

Gary

I have to agree with the boiling method. I vacuum seal my leftovers in single meal portions so I have a quick and easy dinner when we don't have the time to cook. Just make sure you only heat it up to your desired eating temp (like 130-140). You don't want to start cooking it again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky