from Southern California, new here, new to smoking,

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KarlF

Original poster
May 12, 2019
Just checking in, saying hi [my first post] I look forward to learning from this community. Last year I bought a Masterbuilt Pro for myself for Fathers day / Birthday. I've smoked a few meats, mostly brisket. I realized my meat probe is WAY off, and I suspect the smokers heat setting thermometer is off too. I am getting a separate digital probe/therm as I read several posts of others' experience the same. The good news is that even though I don't trust the probe, I use an old school dial meat thermometer to check if meat done, we still have juicy delicious meat whenever I've smoked.

I've got a 10 pound brisket in the smoker now, looking forward to enjoying a feast here for mothers day later today

Welcome to the site, and there's nothing wrong with going old school.

Chris

Welcome from Orange County!! Hope the brisket turned out yummy!!! Enjoy the smoker. Ribs, Tri Tip, Pulled Pork, the possibilities are endless.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky