From 1 Newbie to Another

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lubbocksmoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
Lubbock Texas
Welcome all newcomers. If you are new here it can be quite daunting. I just started last week. The guys around here come from all types of experince. I am confinced that some actually were born in smokers (LOL)

They main thing is you will be welcomed and be given ton's of advice. Everyone does it different, so pick what works for you and your setup.

I like one person's receipe but another I didn't have time to do, so it all is about what you got in time and what your climate is about.

I am doing ribs for the first time tomorrow and got some great tips ( I tell ya the people here are top notched). I did 2 chickens last week and they were perfect.

SInce I am starting out I dont have a ton of great equipment, but I have what I have, buy the way I just ordered a new WSM can hardly wait. My point is you will learn by time and error. I bought my ribs from Sam's Club (that way, if they get screwed up...I am not out more than 20 bucks worh of meat, (it was on sale today). As I learn I will have a better understanding and can move up.

Ask as many questions and as often as you like. Have fun with it. My blood pressure actually went done after ordering my new WSM.

Happy Grilling!!!!

Just my $.02

Check out the Wikis and the search tool too.

Tons of great info there.

Craig

Congrats on WSM you are really going to like it.. Holds temp great and easy to run
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky