Frog Legs and Jalapeno bacon Wrapped Dove

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 2, 2007
Oklahoma
Probably too early in the morning to think about finger food and beer....but this is what I smoked for supper last night.

First, I marinaded the dove breasts in Dale's for a couple of hours.
Then I wrapped them in some of my jalapeno bacon....

I seasoned the frog legs with olive oil, a homemade seasoned salt and some lemon pepper...

I basted the legs with garlic butter....

I dipped the legs in garlic butter...
They were pretty tasty with a cold beer. :)

Thank you for checking out my finger food supper. :)

Never too early to be thinkin about food and beer!!! LOL
Another beautiful smoke and great pics Jeanie!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Those look great. I just got back from mexico on a dove, quail and duck hunt. I have a ton of birds in the freezer. I usually remove the meat from the dove or quail breast and marinate in italian dressing. Then stuff each piece of meat with creamcheese and a jalapeno and wrap with bacon. Man does it turn out good.

And the saga continues...... always Shweeeeeet!

babysmall.gif

Your makin it hard to be original around here. I'm gonna have to make a trip to the zoo to find something different to smoke!
Awesome as always!

aardvark, I guess they dont get frog legs around where you are at. It is quite popular around here. You can find them on the menu of many restaurants. And ofcourse they taste like chicken. LOL. Great Smokes Cowgirl. You have outdone yourself (and all of us) again.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks folks! They were pretty tasty. I had leftovers for lunch today.
biggrin.gif

CA...like Nitrous said...frog giggin is the way to get them. :)

If you've never been gigging, you need to give it a try. lol There's something special about traipsing around a pond on a moonless night with a good flashlight and a .22 or frog gig. Sometimes I scare more frogs away with my laughing than I catch. (yes, I've even ended up in the pond too.)
biggrin.gif

That sounds like fun...and your recipe sounds tasty too!
cool.gif

I made some dove sausage not long ago..... if you are interested in the recipe, let me know. :)

smoked frog legs. thats new to me. had a bunch last year i got a special on. i grilled some that turned out pretty good. i seen some at the store the other day. might have to try that
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky