• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Friends of Ron Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

pignit

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 3, 2008
I wanted to drop a note here to the folks that know the Ron Man.... Ron P.... he is in the hospital not doing well. They had found a blockage in his intestines that had been causing his problems for the last 6 months or so and before they could do anything about it, it had ruptured. They told Carol he didn't have much of a chance of surviving the surgery, but he did and he is recooping... and weak. I talked to Carol this morning and he is in pretty bad shape.

I know a lot of you out there know Ron and know what a force he has been on this forum and those of you who know him know how important this forum and his friends here are to him.

Just a note... please keep Ron  and Carol in your thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:

dave54

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 12, 2009
I wanted to drop a note here to the folks that know the Ron Man.... Ron P.... he is in the hospital not doing well. They had found a blockage in his intestines that had been causing his problems for the last 6 months or so and before they could do anything about it, it had ruptured. They told Carol he didn't have much of a chance of surviving the surgery, but he did and he is recooping...

I know a lot of you out there know Ron and know what a force he has been on this forum and those of you who know him know how important this forum and his friends here are to him.

Just a note... please keep Ron  and Carol in your thoughts and prayers.
Hoping for the best for Ron

Last edited by a moderator:

mossymo

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 30, 2007
Thoughts and prayers to Ron and his wife, hope to see him back here and feeling well soon.

chainsaw

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 5, 2009
We will pray for Ron & Carol too. I have learned so much from his posts.

lcruzen

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 16, 2007
Thoughts and prayers to Ron & Carol. Get yourself well soon!

erain

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 2, 2008
wow... what sad news,,, prayers on there way from minnesota... thks for the update post dave.

pignit

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 3, 2008
He is in ICU and can't talk.... they don't except any flowers... and Carol has asked to not send anything at this time. He is in the Intermountain Hospital in Salt Lake City. She told him I had called and I got flipped off so it sounds like he is feeling better.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Prayers to Ron & Carol from Macungie, PA !

Hang in there buddy!

Bearcarver

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Sad news and I'll be saying some prayers for Ron. Hopefully he can recover quickly and be back to his old self I know he hadn't felt good for awhile now

illini

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 11, 2006
Very sad news to hear!  Praying for a complete recovery.

werdwolf

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 24, 2008
Prayers sent.  May God also guide the healing hands that are caring for him.

forluvofsmoke

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 27, 2008
Thanks for keeping us informed, Dave.

Ron, I hope you make a fool of the doctors and get up and around very soon. Lots of folks here are pulling for you.

Thoughts, prayers and best wishes for Yourself, Carol and your lil' smokin' buddies (the pups).

Eric

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
He is in ICU and can't talk.... they don't except any flowers... and Carol has asked to not send anything at this time. He is in the Intermountain Hospital in Salt Lake City. She told him I had called and I got flipped off so it sounds like he is feeling better.
lol... either that or he was just saying your his #1 friend! That "blockage" wasn't a build up of Yoshida's by any chance was it!

Lots O' prayers and good wishes for both Ron and Carol, it's not easy being one who is sick or the one sitting next to the bed watching. Will send some "smoke" signals to the heavens for him in hopes of a speedy recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.