Fresh cut apple

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

packplantpath

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
My parents have two dwarf apple trees in the yard. I recently heard mom mention that she wants to cut them down to re-route her driveway. The trunk is small, so splitting is easy. The question is, can you use branches of twig size or will they smoke and burn too much?

Use it all. I use pruning shears for the small stuff, cutting to like 4-5 inch chunks. Control the fire with the inlet damper and you'll be fine.

On edit; the really small stuff might be OK to use immediately, but you'll need to split and season the bigger stuff. If it's small, maybe 4-6 months...right into prime smoking time!

I lost a couple of Peach trees this year, I have used all of it from twigs to trunk.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Sounds good. Heck I might volunteer to help do moms yard work now.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky