Thought I'd share some pics of my smoker since I'm new, and finally seem to have gotten the hang of digitization. This is an old 18 cu ft. freezer. All freon was properly sucked out. Then all the compressor, condensor, coils, etc. removed. I also removed all of the plastic elements inside the unit (it is a porcelain on steel liner) the plastic trim and plastic door shelving. The plastic trim was replaced with galv. flashing tin, as was the door liner. I left the magnetic seal in place, as it worked well for over 15 years on my older refer version of this. The heating element is a Brinkman conversion unit which puts out 1650 watts as I recall. I used an old Lil Chief I had laying around as my smoke generator. 3 in. duct into the side of the smoker, a paint bucket from the hardware store to hold plenty of chips/dust, and an electric charcoal lighter to ignite them. I used 2 in. angle for my shelves only because the steel supplier messed up my order. I intended to use 1 in.angle which would have been just fine. #9 raised expanded metal make up my shelves, and standard 3/4 in. dowels for smoke sticks. Future additions include a Tstat from Allied-Kenco (just came last night), and capillary tube thermometer, might get some metal edges on the shelves as they are pretty jagged and sharp. I'm also planning on adding a computer fan to move air and smoke to help reduce dead/cold spots (see my question post in the elec. smoker section).