free apple tree

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mnsmokin

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
S Central MN
My neighbor has an apple tree that he doesn't want anymore so I told him that I would cut it down for him. I'm gonna cut it down, split it up, let it dry. Is there anything special I need to do it before I can smoke it? Is there any part of the tree I should stay away from or is it all good to smoke?

I just did the same thing, I stayed with the larger diameter 4" and more just because I didn't want to process the smaller stuff. I would ask him if he ever sprayed pesticides on it.....if so you might wanna just use the trunk and the main branches.

Nice find there isn't anything special you need to do other than allow it long enough to season good

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky