Franks in the Smoker!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pops6927

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 23, 2008
Fort Worth, Tx.
Took those butts I got on sale at Kroger for 97¢ lb. and put down 5 slabs of buckboard bacon in the brine, made 12lb. of breakfast sausage, and the remaining 5lbs. I added 3 lbs. of ground chuck to it and did 4 lbs. of mild franks and 4 lbs of spicy franks.. I added ½ tsp. of cayenne pepper and 2 tsp of paprika to the frank seasoning mix I'd already had made up (I do it in batches big enough for 20 - 25 lbs, and just use what I want for what meat I've got).

Franks still cookin' in the smoker:

Gonna be lunch tomorrow!
biggrin.gif

Looks outstanding
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looks great. Looking at your last post you are trying to create a hot dog recipe you are happy with like me. Did your mods this time get you closer to what you are looking for if not, what would you change?

Where can I purchase a Rival K.C. Smoker Electric Smoker and Roaster??
Looks like it would be great to carry in my motorhome.

Those frank look awesome there Pops. Now you definatly know what to do with some extra butt meat. Now where did you get your frank recipe or is this your own??? I really need to get back into making some sausage to.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky