Franklin Smokers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dave schiller

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 7, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I note on Aaron Franklin's web site that he will be making and selling smokers in 2018.  No info is given as to price, dimensions, etc.  Somehow I don't think they will be cheap.  Scroll to the bottom of his home page for info.

Dave I've read that the smokers will be 6ft long and able to hold 3 briskets. Would cost around $2500 and there over 2,000 people already on the waiting list to get one[emoji]128540[/emoji]

Last edited:
Interesting. Everything I seen Franklin smoke on is pretty down home made rusty crusty old propane tanks. Nothing fancy, nothing aesthetically pleasing about his cookers. A 72" long smoker that holds only 3 briskets?? Should be interesting to see what he comes up with.

Read this from article.

Aaron Franklin, the BBQ genius behind the iconic restaurant that bears his last name, is gearing up to release Franklin Barbecue Pits this summer. Austin360 reports the hand-welded smokers will be six-feet long and can smoke up to three briskets at once.

Franklin, a self-taught welder, modeled his new creations after the pits he built to smoke up the legendary brisket at Franklin Barbecue. Brothers Caleb and Matt Johnson are handling the welding and assembly of the pits.

I did think itinteresting that it would only fit 3 briskets as well. Should fit more even with his one rack system.
Well, 24 inches could be fire box and handle space. Briskets are 20 inches Or so. They could lay end to end and be 5 feet of space. There is your 6 feet. It might be a 48 Inch cooking chamber and the briskets would go in diagonally?

I want the autographed deluxe model used on tv for one if his shows [emoji]129299[/emoji]

Last edited:
Well, 24 inches could be fire box and handle space. Briskets are 20 inches Or so. They could lay end to end and be 5 feet of space. There is your 6 feet. It might be a 48 Inch cooking chamber and the briskets would go in diagonally?

I want the autographed deluxe model used on tv for one if his shows [emoji]129299[/emoji]

Or they're the worlds largest briskets??

May also be 6 feet in total length. My LSG 24x48 is right about 6' including firebox and stack.

Hopefully the sales from this smoker will get Aaron and crew back on track as they rebuild from the fire today. I got the chance to eat at Franklins in June. Amazing brisket and got to meet Aaron. Super nice guy and he signed my copy of his book.

That's what I said.
It might be a 48 Inch cooking chamber and the briskets would go in diagonally?
I think you are correct. Single rack and diagonal. Could easily fit 6-7 adding an extra rack if someone feels like doing a little welding.

It looks as though the smoke stack is right at grate level and will pull the smoke/air uniformally across the grate and width of the smoker. Seems like a really good design! I wonder how thick the metal is. I like the reverse flow but this definitely is conventional.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

There’s no seal around that door but if you read the article someone posted recently, Franklin was actually using that smoker to cook the kosher briskets. So he is using that one as is.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky