Fractured Butt!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pops6927

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 23, 2008
Fort Worth, Tx.
biggrin.gif
Found a package of pork steak fairly cheap at Walmart last Tuesday, put in freezer and pulled on Friday, let thaw in fridge. Put rub on them this morning, will smoke this afternoon using the 2-2-1 sparerib method, see how they turn out!
97e4b93d_vbattach20083.jpg

Just pulled them off, probably should have foiled only an hour vs. 2. Super tender but a bit dry, still good tho!
4cb0c80e_vbattach20084.jpg

Pops, this is the beauty of smoking. You gained great knowledge today. Food still tastes great but next time look out.

Pork steak???? Damn never thought of that one. Sounds excellent
icon_rolleyes.gif
Sounds like what I will be doing next

THANKS FOR THE IDEA

Every area has its quirky cuts and styles. I don't know that i have ever seen this cut here before.

In KY, we have these things called Country Style Ribs - bone or boneless - my wife's fave.

I like BB ribs or full racks, but these Country style dudes are awesome and always a crowd pleaser.

To make your steaks "wetter", have you tried a splash of Bourbon, Coke, or Root Beer in the foil? I do that often, it is great.

I used apple juice in the foil, just cooked them too long. It's just sliced pork butt into pork steaks; couldn't afford a whole butt. I pulled it though into smaller pieces and we snacked on it during the Cowboys game; great bark flavor too! The burnt pieces the dog just loved, so we all got good eats out of it!

Pops knows what they was, he's probably sliced a few before!
icon_smile.gif

I think if I was to ever try that cut(other than in the fry pan) I would rub em, smoke em to 150-160, stack em all together,like putting the butt back whole( that sounded funny) and wrapping in foil, back in the smoker till 180-190. I bet they would de-bone themselves, and swim in the juice!
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky