Forum questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dcecil

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Apr 3, 2018
Clovis Ca
i have a few questions about the forum. What Exactly is media and how would you apply it. Can you save a post that you like. If you follow someone what are the benefits. How can I search for an individuals post. Like for instance, I would like to make pastrami. How can I find most popular thread or the best person to ask. I’m trying to get beyond just posting and actually utilizing the forums full capacity. Right now I have followed a few of the guys that appear to be the go to guys but all I can do is pull up recent post for them. Maybe any other cool features that you might recommend to utilize to get the full benefits. Sorry for the learning curve questions. I love the forum and just want to learn all I can

Last edited:
Underneath most of the experienced posters is their Signatures - links to most of their posts about different subjects and items. These are active links and you can right-click on them to open them in another page and read their threads. Like mine - tons of information to utilize!

Thanks pops, you are one of the guys I would like to read up on. I’m going to start attempting to brine and I want to read some of your threads. Thanks for telling me how to get there.

If you do a search for pastrami it give you the option to search by member or just by the subject. It also gives you the option to search for the most recent or the most relevant. It will then give you pages of posts on pastrami. Then you just have to browse.
You'll find "search" by clicking in the 3 bars at the top left of the screen. Then go to the bottom of the list.
Media I can't help you with, unless you'r talking about pics only.
As for following a member......I follow several members and expected to be notified if one of them posted. We'l apparently it doesn't work that way. I haven't found a single reason to follow somebody. Nothing happens. Heck, maybe nothing is supposed to happen. I just don't know. I still follow them with hopes that someday something WILL happen. LOL
Gary

If you do a search for pastrami it give you the option to search by member or just by the subject. It also gives you the option to search for the most recent or the most relevant. It will then give you pages of posts on pastrami. Then you just have to browse.
You'll find "search" by clicking in the 3 bars at the top left of the screen. Then go to the bottom of the list.
Media I can't help you with, unless you'r talking about pics only.
As for following a member......I follow several members and expected to be notified if one of them posted. We'l apparently it doesn't work that way. I haven't found a single reason to follow somebody. Nothing happens. Heck, maybe nothing is supposed to happen. I just don't know. I still follow them with hopes that someday something WILL happen. LOL
Gary
Thanks Gary, that answers my question about following someone. I’ve been waiting for notifications of some sort. I thought I was following them incorrectly LOL. Thanks for the search tip

If you hover your mouse cursor over your username at the top right, you will see a link called "Your News Feed". This is populated by the posts of the people you follow. In this way, you can design you own newsfeed the way that you like. You do not get notifications on these posts unless you choose to "watch" a particular thread or forum.

To watch a thread or forum, look for a link at the top right that says, "Watch Thread".

Last edited:
Reactions: bdskelly
Media is a way to create albums and upload pictures to those albums. If you want others to be able to see it, be sure and set the permissions properly when you are creating the album.

I recommend using the "Upload a File" button (below the text box when you are replying or creating a post) for showing images in your posts.. it's much easier in my opinion.

If you hover over the Search option in the top nav bar and click on the "More" button at the bottom (or just click on "Search" in the menu on your phone) you will have a ton of options for searching by member, type, forum, Date (newer than), etc.

Lots of options.

If you hover over the Search option in the top nav bar and click on the "More" button at the bottom (or just click on "Search" in the menu on your phone) you will have a ton of options for searching by member, type, forum, Date (newer than), etc.

Lots of options.
Thanks for the help Jeff, this forum is the extent of my social media experience which is odd for my generation. Learning as I go

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky