Forgot to add cure to the marinade. Too late to add now??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mikedaub

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 9, 2016
My plan for this morning/afternoon was to do a couple of whole chickens and some breasts, and the later part of the day, finish up with some jerky. When I made the marinade last night (in total will be marinading for about 18 hours), I forgot to add the cure to it. Is it too late to smoke today? It's about 8:30 my time and I'd like to get it on the smoker by 1:00 or 2:00 just to make sure I have enough time. I just want to make sure I get this right. The marinade was a simple mix of a premade store bought marinade (I can get the brand and make in an hour or so if that helps) and Braggs Amino Acids with some ground pepper.

Thanks in advance.

If your jerky meat is sliced to a 1/4" thick you really need it to be in the cure overnight. I'd add the cure let it sit overnight and smoke it tomorrow.

Thanks. That's kinda what I was thinking. Unfortunately, I won't be around much this week, so I think we are just going to do something on the grill with them. Not the ideal situation, but ohh well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky