???????? for smoking a cooked ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

billclarkson

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Refugio, Texas
Howdy there folks, the wife and i decided to have a ham for thanksgiving, and we found a four and half pound already cooked and sliced ham. I know you can just throw in oven and heat it up but i wanted to try and add some smoke flavor and maybe a good glaze or sauce or something to it to make it special. Was wondering if any of you wonderful smokers out there might have a idea for me. Any help will be muchly appreicated. Oh i smoke with a char-broil electric smoker using sand instead of water.

Bill, Here is a simple little glaze that works well!

1 Tbs. Dry Mustard (I like Colemans)
3/4 C. Dk. Brown Sugar
1/4 C. Orange Juice
1 Tbs. Grenadine
1/2 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1/4 Tsp. Gr. Clove
Cook over low flame till syrupy, Drizzle over ham, maybe drip between slices a little (but not during smoking…they would dry out) I would push some thin skewers through slices to keep from spreading apart (or tie with string!) Smoke at 240° til internal temp reaches 140°
Try some apple wood and/or cherry and/or hickory!

Good Luck and enjoy!
wink.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky