For all of you Gates Fans out there...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beer-b-q

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 1, 2007
While searching for something else I came across this from the Gates BBQ site.  It tells how to make BBQ Ribs.  I bet you thought they smoked them didn't you...

Check out their recipe section yourself if you can't believe it.

http://www.gatesbbq.com/GeneralInformation/Recipes.aspx
How to Cook Ribs
Place your pork ribs, preferably 2-3lbs, on the counter or block.
Trim all fat and score between each bone.
Marinate, medium strength, using Gates original Seasoning, shaking off excess.
Let stand until it starts to liquify, approximately 15 minutes.
Place ribs front or face side down on a HOT FIRE.
Bar-BQ until golden brown, then turn over.
Bar-BQ backside until golden brown.
Move away from the fire slightly. Continue Bar-BQ process for 45 minutes to an hour, or until tender.
There, the perfect ribs!

I went to gates last time i was in KC.... not impressed. We went to the one on Main st. I have always gotten the "Beef on Bun" LOL,  (if ya been there ya know what i'm sayin), but this time i got the "Pork on Bun" and i didn't like it at all. I was expecting pulled or chopped pork, but it was cured and tasted like ham with BBQ sauce on it, I didn't care for that. I love the experience but i have not been impressed when I go there. Ya just can't get it as good as you can make it yerself!

I have been there a couple of times when I was traveling a lot for work - not impressed. Now take me to Strouds for some chicken and we are gonna be happy - Still got their Tshirt from my last visit about 3 years ago -

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky