• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

food sticking to porcelain grate!! HELP!!!!!!!!

deer meat

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 8, 2006
Hello all,

I recently bought a new grill with a porcelain grate and have been having trouble with food sticking to it no mater what I have grilled so far every thing has stuck.

What can I do to stop this from happening?

Thankyou

DEER MEAT

duncan

Joined Dec 26, 2005
I use a canola oil spray or a towl with canola oil on it and wipe down the grate.

monty

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
After getting your grates very clean with hot water and soap hit them well with "PAM for grilling" while they are cold. Continue using the PAM but only on the grates before starting up the fire. Your grates will soon season in.

Cheers!

deer meat

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 8, 2006
thanks guys I will try both of these out.

Once again if you have a question there is a n answer on this site.

This is a great :D site full of information and knowlegeable people!!!

deer meat

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 8, 2006
I cleaned my grates really good and used the canola oil on them. I rubbed them down with canola oil fired up the grill to about 275 deg. and then shut it off to cool down, then before I was ready to start dinner I rubbed them down again with oil. I didn't have any trouble with food sticking :D

Thanks again

DEER MEAT

cheech

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 19, 2005
I try to save bacon strips individually and wrap them around my tongs. Then once the grill is nice and hot I will rub the bacon on the grates and that seems to work.

smokin stang

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 15, 2006
What about a stick of lard? This is what I season my smoker with after I clean it.

cheech

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 19, 2005
Never have used lard but I would think that it would work just fine

smoked

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 14, 2006
I always mop the grill with olive oil just before I dump meat on, no stick ever.......one trick I learned from watching food tv!!!!! :lol:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.