Foiling sauce - butter sugar honey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

herkysprings

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
Eugene, OR
Any comments using brown sugar / butter / honey combo to make the braising liquid when foiling?

Rough measurments / guides?

Will any unsalted butter do?

Does it go under the ribs or over top too?

Thanks!

No real rules or laws, none to break either...

others have said about a 1/4 cup and I would pour it on top, bone side down.

They will produce their own liquid once foiled anyway...

I don't measure I just put brown sugar, Parkay butter then honey all over the top of them then close the foil. I love it this way. The wife however doesn't. She thinks it comes out too sweet.

i didnt measure anything either... Just buttered like I was doing a mustard coat for my rub to stick to, coated with brown sugar like a normal rub (both sides), and then about 2oz of honey per side.. Meat side down in the foil. After pulling out of the foil to firm back up, I mopped it twice with the juices from the foil. Turned out great.

I had a little extra heat (cayenne & red pepper) in my first rub, and it worked really well. Not overly sweet, and had plenty of bite left. The leftovers were even better the next day..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky