Foiling Juice...Chef JimmyJ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey Bear,

You don't have a step by step for pulled pork, maybe you should be the one to try JJ's injection on a butt.

I know you don't inject large cuts of meat, but this may be worth a try!

You could crank the MES up full blast & when you get through the danger zone cut it back down.

I was thinking about that, but Chicken & Pulled Pork are two of the things I don't usually do any more.

My Son does those two items, along with ABTs, Shrimp, and a few other things.

Mrs Bear & I get a good share of the stuff he makes, and I give him & his Mrs a share of my smokes.

It really works good like that for us.

I may still try it though, because my son doesn't like his Pork sweet at all, and Mrs Bear does.

Bear

Really got to think of a way to do a trade off with my slamon and Bears Smoked bacon, not the CB nor the BBB, but down home smoked bellies.. The distance is the killer as Fed-ex think they dont have an 'odor' to their , well stuff.

Rich

Better late...JJ

When I found this post and made the juice to sample I was committed to give it a try .. I have to report that I have used it on ribs and butts with fantastic results, but today I substituted medium grade maple syrup for the corn syrup and I have to admit this is a recipe made my pulled pork one of the best things I have ever tasted .. Thanks Chef JimmyJ

Half way through the foil I also injected some of the juice from the foil into the butt ....

I also followed your suggestion to fridge cool the foiling juice to remove the fat solids and the resulting sauce was to die for ..... Pulled pork sandwich heaven ...

Ross

Glad you enjoyed this Ross...I like the Maple Syrup and injecting idea and will have to try it...JJ

drool.gif

so has anybody tried injecting this in a butt yet? I got 4 butts I am going to take to work sunday nights. Im definitely going to add it to the foil pack but didnt want to inject it without getting some reviews. Thanks.

so has anybody tried injecting this in a butt yet? I got 4 butts I am going to take to work sunday nights. Im definitely going to add it to the foil pack but didnt want to inject it without getting some reviews. Thanks.
Yep works Great! Adds a sweet apple flavor and the acid in the Cider has a tenderizing effect. You can make a large batch and use some as a Finishing Sauce if you like the sweetness or try my Tangy Finishing Sauce as a nice compliment to the sweeter Injection and Foiling Juice...JJ

JJ's Finishing Sauce

2C Apple Cider Vinegar

2T Worcestershire Sauce or more to taste

1/4C Brown Sugar

1T Smoked Paprika

2 tsp Granulated Garlic

2 tsp Granulated Onion

2 tsp Fine Grind Black Pepper

1 tsp Celery Salt

1 tsp Cayenne Pepper or Chipotle powder. Add more if you like Heat.

1/2 tsp Grnd Allspice

Combine all and whisk well. Let rest, at room temp, 30 minutes for the flavors to meld together.

It depends on how much you inject. Each batch makes about a Cup. I only use about a 1/2 cup to Foil. I guess if you make 6X the recipe you will have all you need. You can always save leftovers for the next run of Butts or Ribs...JJ

Found this recipe this morning and used Mesquite honey for my ribs and pork shoulder. It is delishious and will be used often. Thanks JJ.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky