• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Flyfishing Montanan who loves BBQ!

jayfish

Joined Apr 20, 2007
Just an intro, I'm in Montana and my main interest is to fly fish thus the name! I discovered this site when researching smoked cheese and have been lurking ever since! I'm still at the stage of smoking on a gas grill but am quickly out growing that! I also like the idea of the dutch oven forum! I know many a outfitter that still uses mules to pack camps into the wilderness around here and can get some great recipes for dutch cooking!
Love learning from the Pros, keep up the good work and I really need to stop stopping at this site on an empty stomach, because your pictures make me hungry!!!!

db bbq

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 9, 2007
Jayfish
Welcome to SMF...Check in often to satisfy your hunger...

hhersh

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 13, 2007
Welcome jayfish..........we have a couple things in common: smokin' and fishin'. Howsumever, my fishin is from a bassboat for brother Bass here in the East Texas Pineywoods.............

jts70

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 12, 2007
Welcome aboard! I too lve to flyfish and I am going in just a few short weeks!

hawgheaven

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 5, 2007
Welcome aboard, fellow fly fisher! Fly fishin' and smokin'... life is good!

squeezy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
Welcome Jayfish to the SMF ... glad you found us!

shortrib

Fire Starter
Joined May 25, 2007
Opus - Jayfish,

I live in Minnesota but I grew up in Hardin fishing the Bighorn, as a mater of fact I was out there for Christmas and caught some nice browns, and I just smoked a few of them trout a week ago. My mom still lives in Hardin, and I am making a trip out there at the end of June to fish trout in the morning and target practice on prairie dogs in the afternoon.

smokincowboy

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 29, 2007
Welcome Jayfish my soninlaw is the marketing mgr. at the RAC there in Billings He has a few stores in Montana

t-bone tim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 24, 2007
Welcome aboard SMF, Jayfish, I too love the sport of flyfishing :)

hillbillysmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 7, 2007
Welcome to the forum Jayfish. Please feel free to join in and share your smoking adventures, ask questions, or just draw from the knowledge of the friendly folks here.

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Welcome Jayfish

Better be careful -before long you'll have more smokers than lures!

kennymn

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 22, 2006
Welcome to SMF Jayfish , I was in Billings last week for a week up around Molt shooting prairie dogs ( GOOD TIME ) !!!!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.