Flat vs. Point

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

woody

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Hey folks--

I'm going to do my first REAL brisket (the unreal one was on the ECB and wasn't much of anything, had to pop it in the oven 'cause it wasn't reaching proper temperature so it doesn't count) tomorrow. I've looked over the trimming tips, thank you to everyone and I will be doing it fat cap down. However, I can't seem to find some kind of diagram that would show me how to differentiate between the flat and the point when it comes time to slice/ chop. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Woody, see the attached link, there is a section on separating the point from the flat. Good luck with your smoke
icon_smile.gif

Link: http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/brisketselect.html

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky