Flat top Hot dogs . I had to .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Also good! At the risk of drifting the thread, one of my childhood dinners was 'poached' bologna that Mom 'invented'. Bologna and onions, salt and pepper in water for a bit. Then she'd toast flour and mix that with bisto to add to the poaching bologna to make gravy. Damn if it isn't good and I STILL make it twice a year. Over mashed potatoes of course. Bologna, hot dogs, any of those are strictly good times!

The Poached Bologna sounds interesting. I had to look up what BISTO is. They are various flavored Gravy Granules, for the curious.😊.
I don't know where this came from, but my Mom grew up on this Great Depression Food and served it to us kids. I now make it for my crew. Cut up and boil a bunch of White or Red potatoes, just until tender. Drain and set aside in the covered pot. In a separate Pan with a copious amount of melted Butter, fry Chopped Onions and Sliced Hot Dogs until Browned. Gently mix the Hot Dogs and Onions into the hot Potatoes and serve. I like just S & P but my Brother and my Kids, add Ketchup.
This dish is a good way to make 5 Pounds of Potatoes and a Pound of Hot Dogs, feed a big family when money is tight...JJ

Man those dogs look awesome!! I’ve always loved kraut and mustard on dogs.
Thanks Jeff . Yup me too .
Yes sir a dog covered with kraut is my way. Kraut right out of the package no adding anything the stronger the kraut the better for me.
Thanks Warren . I eat it right out of the can . Love the caraway seeds in it .
Ah hot dogs.....Love 'em and yours look fantastic. Thanks for the peek!
Thanks for the comments .

We in the upper midwest have called hot dogs as tube steak for years.
WOW tube steak, We must be from different generations or different parts of the country. :emoji_laughing:

Cornhole is another one that had a different meaning when I was growing up.

Chris
Chris, you must be mistaking the ZZ Top classic of "Tube Snake Boogie".
I still chuckle at the cornhole contests.
The Doors classic, "I'm a back door man"

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky