Flat top corned beef hash.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Morning all. So after checking out all the threads on corned beef hash. I just had to make some up. This is my first go with the Blackstone griddle. In the past I've used a CI pan. Or a electric griddle.
First off. I got a 5 pound corned beef point. And gave it 3 hours in my IP on high pressure. Then shredded.
P6261000.JPG

I made a lot because I have plans for the left overs.

Got the grill heated up. And got some bacon going. I prefer bacon grease for cooking hash. And the bacon will be for another meal.

20200626_173828.jpg

Next step. Get the diced taters and onions cooking.

20200626_175724.jpg

Getting the taters and onions together and heating up the corned beef.

20200626_181311.jpg

Then mix all the players up. And cook for a few minutes more for some more crispy edges.

20200626_181722.jpg

Ann's plate done. No pic. But it had two over easy eggs on top. I prefer mixing scrambled eggs into mine.

20200626_182417.jpg

Plated up and added some fresh ground black pepper. No plated pics. But it was a fantastic meal. And as I hoped. There are lefts overs!

Last edited:
That looks like the perfect meal anytime! I'd eat that right off the griddle. Great job Steve.
Thanks.

Mike

Dang, like to have a plate of that right now but off to work I go instead lol. the griddles rock on keeping the heat and mess outside, lots of food can be cooked on them, another griddle I have seen recently fits a Weber charcoal grill, smoke and flat top cooking may push me on outta this world lol.

Looks awesome Steve! I remember growing up my Grandma love this for breakfast. She would make homemade sometimes and other times the canned kind.

H$%@ yeah!
LOL! Thanks!

Dang, like to have a plate of that right now but off to work I go instead lol. the griddles rock on keeping the heat and mess outside, lots of food can be cooked on them, another griddle I have seen recently fits a Weber charcoal grill, smoke and flat top cooking may push me on outta this world lol.
Thanks! Keeping the mess outside is the way to go.

Steve, that looks awesome! Perfect breakfast!
Thanks Travis!

Looks awesome Steve! I remember growing up my Grandma love this for breakfast. She would make homemade sometimes and other times the canned kind.
Thank you! The canned stuff isn't in a pinch if you doctor it up a tad.
Looks great steve
Thanks Jake!

Simply teriffic. Another fine meal on the BS. I would probably use my two spatulas to shovel the hash into my mouth. Big like!

Gee whiz that makes me want some Steve, with a couple of pieces of that bacon, Like! RAY

That looks great. One of my fav breakfast meals for sure. Looks like you done it right!

Looks good steve! Could make a plateful disappear real easily! Sounds like you are full of future meal plans

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky