Flank Steak and Rosemary

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rabbithutch

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
I bought a flank steak this week and have it in a marinade concoction that involves Worcestershire, soy and A1 sauces along with Italian dressing salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder and minced garlic. I usually grill this piece of meat to a temp of 120° then slice it thinly on the bias; however, this morning I was harvesting herbs that grew up while we were away for 3 weeks. I have some springs of rosemary and was thinking about putting sprigs one each side of the flank steak then rolling it into a sort of roast and tying it with string then smoking it on the mini-wsm.

What do you think? Maybe the rosemary has gone to my brain. I can't seem to imagine what the rolled up steak will look like if both sides are not cooked.

????

RH, morning.....  I have heard, but not tried, rosemary on the charcoals, or heat source, aromatics the meat with it's smoke....  Rosemary can be a powerful herb....  I like it but use it with caution....  It adds some great flavors to food......   

Dave

Rosemary is one of those herbs...for me....a little bit can go a long way.  Love it...just in little doses.

Kat

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky