• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Fitting a brisket in a MES 30

ImEbee

Joined Jun 5, 2020
The next brisket will be my first attempt and feeling intimidated is putting it lightly! My biggest concern is fitting even the smallest briskets in my MES 30. I don’t see how I can fit a full one in such a narrow space. Is it a bad idea to cut to fit the brisket and if not are there do’s and dont’s with doing that. Or even better tips on getting one to fit whole in my mini fridge of a smoker!

Cheers-Eric

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
You can cut it or prop up the middle of the brisket with a can or something which will pull the edges of brisket in

mike243

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
how about hanging it? it's taller than it is wide put the top rack in and make some hooks , attach it with more than 1 so it don't get tender and pull loose, have read that can be ugly .

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
We had this discussion a couple years ago . This thread may help .

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I had this problem back in the year 2010.
It's a 3 step process:
Step #1--- cut Brisket in half to Fit in my MES 30.
Step #2---Buy MES 40 for next time.
Step #3---Sell MES 30.

Bear

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 1, 2019
You can cut it or prop up the middle of the brisket with a can or something which will pull the edges of brisket in
About 15 years ago I told a guy online "put a beer can underneath it and after it shrinks a little it will fit just fine on the grate". A couple of days later he replied "... hey that worked just fine, but next time I'll use an empty can". :emoji_laughing:

schlotz

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 13, 2015
Use one brick (or stack two) wrapped with foil then lay the brisket over them.

ImEbee

Joined Jun 5, 2020
Thanks for the ideas, (Bear may be the leader in the clubhouse 😂) that should get me started. Now I have one less excuse to get my first one on!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.