• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Fish Sticks & Steak Fries

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Fish Sticks & Steak Fries

I had to give these a try. I haven’t had Fish Sticks in years, because I got tired of all Breading & No Fish.
However the last time I made some Frozen Fish Fillets, flatbroke flatbroke made a comment that he likes the Fish Sticks he makes in his Air Fryer.
So I decided to give the Fish Sticks another chance at my Supper Rotation.
These were Pretty good—Much better than we used to get. Thank You FB !! I’ll be having these again!

So all I did was Set my Ninja on Air Crisp at 390° for 6 minutes.
Then I put about 14 Sticks in there, and a Handful of Steak Fries.
Then Flip them & give them another 6 minutes. They were Great with Kraft Sandwich Spread for Tartar Sauce.

Another Great Meal from My Ninja!!

Bear

Into the Ninja Crisper Basket they go:
IMG_8111.jpeg

Flipped after 6 minutes @390° (Done in 12 minutes):
IMG_8112.jpeg

Bear's Supper, with Kraft Sandwich Spread for Tartar Sauce:
IMG_8113.jpeg

Another time---Frozen Fish Fillets, done the same way, done in 14 to 16 minutes:
IMG_8094.jpeg

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
I like the frozen fish filets in the air fryer also. Good for a quick meal and ive made sammichs with them also.
Jim

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Looks great . Makes a good fast meal . I bought some frozen fish this week myself . Air fryer makes it easy too .

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
Anyone have a favorite breaded fish recipe? I have lots of rock and ling cod which I'd love to introduce to the air fryer.

clifish

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 25, 2019
Anyone have a favorite breaded fish recipe? I have lots of rock and ling cod which I'd love to introduce to the air fryer.
I would love to use some ground up pork rinds on a frozen fillet, It crisps up better than bread crumbs and is very low carb. For a seasoning I would probably go with ground pepper and some old bay seasoning.

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I like the frozen fish filets in the air fryer also. Good for a quick meal and ive made sammichs with them also.
Jim

Yup, I love these things!!
I'd have them a lot more often, if Mrs Bear would eat them too!!

Bear

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 3, 2015
Nice looking meal Bear! We love the air fryer too, those fish sticks must have hit the spot!

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks great . Makes a good fast meal . I bought some frozen fish this week myself . Air fryer makes it easy too .

Thank You Rich!!
Yup, This thing is Easy, Fast, Makes Great Stuff, and Easy to keep clean!!
We Love It.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
God looking chow Bear.

Your going to talk me into an air fryer, yet.

Thank You Jack!!
I can say "You wouldn't be Disappointed".
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
I ate so many of these as a kid I hated them. In my 20’s I loved the Gortons filets with tartar sauce. I think it’s been so long I’d love a plate of the fish sticks with tartar.

912smoker

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
Well there ya go again Bear making me need an air fryer! The grands love the sticks and we love the fillets! And man that plate looks perfect!

Keith

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Well there ya go again Bear making me need an air fryer! The grands love the sticks and we love the fillets! And man that plate looks perfect!

Keith

Thank You Keith!!
You'd love this thing!
And I can help you get started!
Here's what I have so far on Ninja Step by Steps:
Ninja Methods, Times & Temps

Bear

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009

I usually just use one of Zatarain's:
7027b7c3-34ac-4c84-8b1a-80bbbe8e77fd_1.70e09d1c310efcf269ecbb5f41ec455b.jpeg

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 4, 2009
I'll tell you Bear. . .You are becoming the ultimate Ninja Warrior with that thing!!!

Plate looks delicious,

John

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I ate so many of these as a kid I hated them. In my 20’s I loved the Gortons filets with tartar sauce. I think it’s been so long I’d love a plate of the fish sticks with tartar.

Thank You Jeff !!
Yup, Fish Sticks were in our High school Cafeteria Lunch rotation, and I even liked Them!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I'll tell you Bear. . .You are becoming the ultimate Ninja Warrior with that thing!!!

Plate looks delicious,

John

Thank You John!!
That's very kind of you!

Bear

Hijack73

Smoke Blower
Joined Aug 9, 2020
If you like the commercial frying coating but find it a bit salty - cut it with a bit of AP flour. House Autrey is another one that is up there with Zatarain's but is on sale all the time here, or it used to be. Huge shout out to the suggestion about crushed up pork skins clifish clifish

I have been known to use pork skins on pork chops in the air fryer a time or 3 (when I'm trying to cut carbs, which isn't as often as it should be lol)
You gotta lower the temp a bit or the pork dust will get funky.

The green box brand fish sticks come in an XL version that has a tad bit more fish to breading ratio.

Steve H

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
I do not like fish sticks. I believe they are the fish equivalent of hot dogs. Sorry. But the fillets look damn amazing! Big like on those.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.