First Turkey w/ Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinfred

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
I finally did my first my first turkey on the CharGriller Duo.  I brined it using cranberry/apple juice with some cloves, garlic and orange slices.  Tasted great although next time I will use apple wood instead of hickory was a little to smoky for my taste.  The CharGriller is modified with propane.  It did take some time messing with the firebox to get a good thin blue smoke but all is good now.
dbc38286_100_1337.jpg
3ef7c4b1_100_1338.jpg

Reactions: mballi3011
Looks great!! I have a duo also,you say that you put propane to your firebox? Did you post this earlier? I am curious about it as i may want to do something like that with mine! More info on it please!

As for the propane firebox, I did what others have done.  Just used a turkey fryer burner and I'm using a coffee can on its side for a smoke box.  I tried a cast iron pan and bread pans for the smoke box but both would cause the chunks to catch on fire.  The can works great so far.

icon_cool.gif

Now thats a perfect smoke there. The bird looks awesome and the ABT's look pretty good Thye look like they need alittle more smoke in the picture. Then youhave the PERFECT picture of the Thin Blue Smoke.   Hey there brian, Jerry, Rich, someone has to put that picture into Wiki.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky