First turkey breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

northern greenhorn

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 11, 2010
McHenry, Illinois
I smoked a turkey breast, unfortunately, I didn't get any before pictures, only right after the carving, I also threw on some smoked sausage, every thing was great, as I'm taking the pics, my wife is giving me " the look ", and said I'm hungry enough w/ the photos dork, oh well, i guess the smoking bug hasn't quite hit her yet.

I still don't know if I git this photobucket thing down, cause I still can't see my pics
icon_question.gif

well greenhorn, the pics are there & quite huge! Not only that but NICE breast!! Wanna share any info, as to rub & time/temp.

Looks fantastic man. Skin looks like it was perfect, and the breast looks plenty juicy.

I'm still eating leftover turkey from this weekend for every meal it seems like. Probably my favorite smoke out of everything I do...

Well before anything else I gotta give
points.gif

That was a beautifully smoked turkey, juicy inside and a nice smoke ring (always lighter in poultry) so you did damn fine in my book
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

looks great.....congrats!!!!!!!! you will be doing these more often, trust me.........

Thanks, that was some of the juiciest turkey breast I've ever had, the sausage was very tasty.

The rub I used was Jeffs rub, and I added some poultry seasoning, and some Montreal chicken seasoning to it, I put it into a brine for about 4 hours, dry it off, and rubbed the inside w/ butter and rub, wiped the outside w/ a mixture of butter and evoo, and sprinkled the rub on. I smoked it w/ a mix of mesquite and apple chips in the gosm, and spritzed it w/ apple juice.

alfordtl, I believe the breast was about 7-8 lbs, I smoked it until it reached 168*, and covered it w/ foil and let it rest for about 15-20 mins.

Congrats on a great looking smoke, the pics are nice, thanks for sharing.

Yes you did a great job on the turkey breast and it looks fabulous and tasty too. Now about this look your wife gave you?? I will tell you this it takes along time for my my wife made so much fun of me in the beginning and now she's helping me with the pictures and she's pretty much quit asking me in the restaurants if I got the camera for the Qview. Now you will be geting that from here for awhile so get used to it.

ive got a breast about the same size i plan on smokin on wed
could u please tell about how long to get it to temp
tongue.gif

This is why I have to start taking notes, if I remember correctly it took around 4-5 hrs., at around 225-230*, I didn't even check temp until after 3 hrs, but like I said I took it off at 168*, and covered w/ foil and let it rest for about 20 minutes, don't go by time, go by temp

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky