• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First try with smoker

Kaug23

Joined Aug 10, 2021
We'll, I got to try out the smoker finally. I made a 16 pound packer, two 8 pound Boston butts, and four slabs of St Louis ribs. Everything came out really great. The bark was darker than I expected, but the meat was moist and tender, and the flavor was just right.

I can't take any credit. Whoever built the smoker got it right, it made a total amateur look good.

Attachments

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Good looking inaugural cook. What pit is it?

Meat Man Matt

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 30, 2018
Wow. I remember your post about acquiring that beast, was hoping to see you fire it up soon. And fire it up you did! Congrats on a successful cook with an unfamiliar toy, and of course, it all looks great!

chef jimmyj

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
That's one heck of a first pit! The meat all looks good too.. JJ

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Wow that was your break in cook for a new to you pit?!?!?!?!? You did darn good.

Jim

Kaug23

Joined Aug 10, 2021
It's hard to tell in the picture but the juice was dripping out of brisket and it was like cutting Jello, even after resting several hours.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.