First try at Sausage -Polish white sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You got it! But for as much work as this is and all the clean up...Im gonna have to charge about 50 bucks a pound!
icon_smile.gif

Nice job looks good, is that the normal way to cook white sausage? i have never seen it boiled before? kinda like hot dogs

The Sausage Looks Great, Nice Job...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I corrected your links so that people didn't have to leave the site on each image to view them....

How to post Qview to Forum:

When you uploading to Photobucket I always use the Large IMG setting, 640 x 480 it is a nice size...

Everyone here enjoys seeing the Qview so be sure to post plenty of pics...

Large ones that us old people with bad eyes can see.

For Step By Step Instructions On Posting Qview Check Out This Tutorial

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=82034

lol 50 bucks a lb i know what you mean i have only made 2 batches and it did seem easier the second time, maybe because i was more confident? but i do see a stuffer in my future for sure, that was the hardest part, grinding was not bad.

Your new sausage sure looks good to me. So I bet your ready to grind up just about anything you can find to grind now aren't you.???Yea I know I'm right in the middle of grind everything I can also.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'll be making another batch of sauasge today and this one will be smoked in my super sophisticated high-tech cardboard smoker. Pics will be posted, correctly this time ;)

Looks good. I did my first sausage yesterday too - and am making pland to do more... like I need another obsession.

LOL, that's what my wife says to me!!

Now I know why some of these guys make huge batches, 30lbs+. Lots of work and LOTS of cleanup.

hi

nice sausage but i give you orginal recipe from my country - Poland

Kielbasa biala surowa

pork class 1 (lean meat from ham , scholder ) - 1kg (2lbs plus a bit)

pork class 2 ( meat with some fat (30% fat ) from buuts , ham )- 3,5 kg

beef (stew its ok) - 0,5 kg

Spices

salt - 18grams per 1kg
ground peper - 1,5 - 2 grams per 1 kg
garlic powder - 1-2 grams per 1 kg (if liked garlic can put 2-2,5 g per 1kg)
Marjoram -1gram per 1 kg

Grinding

pork class 1 - plate 1/2 inch
pork class2- plate 3/8 inch
beef - plate 3/16 - grind 2 or 3 times (glue for sausage )

Mixing

Mix very well ground beef with 3/4 cup ice water , after put rest ground meat and spices - mix nice

Stuff in hog casing

Put sausage in hot water (168 f ) for a 25 -40 min ( for temp inside sausage 165f)

Smacznego (means- bon apetit)

I dont write in Polish too well so I think I'll stick with English..haha. Yea, I enjoy making Polish food. I'm trying to learn to cook all the foods I remember from my child hood. Have you been to www.wedlinydomowe.pl? It's a great site. The guy who runs it is fixing to put in an English section on the forum.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky