First try at Pastrami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

graywolf1936

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 21, 2014
Northern California

This is my first try at Pastrami.  Got a 5lb. Corn Beef, rinse and soaked for 6 hours. Coated it with Paprika, Coriander, Brown Sugar, Black Pepper, Mustard, Green Pepper ,Garlic and Capers. In the Fridge for about 30 hours, now on the Smoker at about 225 with Hickory.When done I will put in Fridge and have it for dinner Sat.  I will steam it prior to slicing.Smoking on a Traeger Jr.

Looking good! Waiting on the sliced pics!
icon14.gif

Mike

As much as we love Idaho I might bring you some next time. Had property at Sandpoint, sold it too soon, oh well.
I will count on it or else
police2.gif

Sandpoint is very beautiful country  I my self originally from Grangeville, now live in Lewiston. Had a aunt with property on the lake in Athol swam there a lot as a kid. 

DS 

Looks good so far!

X2 on slicing after refrigeration.

For the thicker "dinner plate" slices, we steam.

For the thinner "sandwich" slices we rewarm in au jus.

Good luck and good smoking.

Well here it is.  The family said it was wonderful.  I smoked it for about 5 hours yesterday on my deck but the rain blew so hard it shorted out my extension cord(again).  I brought it in, wrapped it in tin foil and put it in the oven at 275 degrees  until I got it to 190degrees.Tonight we sliced it and steamed it.  While it was steaming I poured some of the juices over the top. I could not get any Jewish Rye in town so we got some San Francisco sourdough bread.
usa.gif
Thanks for looking and your suggestions and comments.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky