First Tri-Tip qview

Discussion in 'Beef' started by roller, Apr 30, 2010.

1. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

This is my first Tri-Tip usually cant get them in my neck of the woods. The butcher at Sams said they came in by mistake so I bought 6 of them but only smoked one. Smoker temp was 250* and I pulled it when it reached IT of 140* and wrapped in triple foil for 2 hours. The taste was really good and the meat was sooooooo tinder..Thanks for looking. One day I will learn to post these qviews the right way..

2. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks great. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

3. Can't find Tri-Tip on this side of the river either...Well, I take that back...I do know a place that "might" have some, but you'd probably have to take out a loan to buy one...

Great find!! ------- Enjoy!

4. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Wow, that looks good.[​IMG]

5. roller

Thanks everyone !!!!!!!

6. caveman

caveman Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Good job [​IMG]on the steak. Smoke em when you get em.

7. roller

Thanks Caveman this one went pretty easy....

8. Great job...You made it look easy.

9. Glad to hear that it was tender------if it was sliced against the grain it would be MORE tender. For your own enjoyment try cutting the next one perpendicular to the grain. I am not trying to be a smart a$$ just want you to have the best that is possible.

10. douge

douge Smoke Blower

I haven't seen any tri-tips around here but will definitely grab one if I see it ......... that looks great. [​IMG]

11. roller

Thanks chuckwagon you should know being from Ca. And I will try that with the next one,but I just do not see it being more tender than this was I could not believe it.

12. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That looks very good, well done

13. insanity2

insanity2 Newbie

You put any seasonsing on the TriTip?

14. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great looking Tri-Tip I have yet to try one.

15. mmmmm..... Tri-Tip, my favorite cut of beef. So tender, so flavorful. They used to be cheap, but now that folks are catching on the prices are going up.