First timer checking in

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oakasfan

Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
Murrieta, CA
Hey all.... been reading the posts for a few days and was glad to see everybody is very friendly.... no negative stuff.... so I jumped onboard.

Pretty much a brand newbie to smokers and the process so any advice will surely be appreciated.

For my first smoker I decided on the Masterbuilt electric... mostly for convenience and ease of use while Im in the infancy of this whole process. I was afraid to get into a "more time consuming" and "technically challenging" wood box at this point. Right now Im more concerned about turning out a product that is edible! Not that I am too worried about cost... I have always believed in "you get what you pay for" but I dont want 500-1000 bucks of useless equipment if I am disappointed in the process/product and it sits in the garage.
Maybe when I "grow up" I can graduate into another type and hang with the big boys.

So far... smoked salmon is rediculously good!
Smoked pork.... eh.. not so much.... has to be something I am doing wrong. But the reading here has given me some good pointers and I will be trying again very soon.

Well.... I am going to try some beef jerky today... wish me luck.

See you around the boards...

Oakasfan

Welcome oakasfan.............we're here to help. Any questions will be readily answered. Good to have ya......
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome Oakasfan, Nice to have you on the forum. This is a great place to share ideas, talk about your smoking adventures, ask questions, or draw knowledge from the friendly folks. Hope to see you on often.

Welcome aboard, Oakasfan!

Invest a little time and sign up for Jeff's Five Day Smoking Meat course. It is free and will answer a lot of your questions. Then visit the Downloads section and download the smoking info there.

If any questions linger then by all means post them and we will be more than happy to help!

Glad you found our little family!

Cheers!

Welcome OakAsFan ............. from a fellow MES user. (I'm a Boston Red Sox fan, dont hold that against me)

That Masterbuilt will turn out some great jerky, as well as smoked pork. You'll get the hang of it real soon. Just ask when you have a question and someone will be along with some help.

This is a great place, welcome aboard!

From one newbie to another, welcome. You will like it here!

Ron

Welcome Oakasfan -

We're glad you decided to join us. If you have any question feel free to ask ,we've probably asked them ourselves at some point in our smoking past as well.

Welcome! There are a few here that use the Masterbuilt and have really good things to say about them. Don't give up on the pork butt. Once you nail it, you'll never go back! Oh yeah....dont forget the finishing sauce!.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky