First-timer brats and Chicken sausage w/Q-view

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by dadwith4daughters, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Well, after reading all the sausage posts over the last year, I dove in and bought a grinder on Ebay and a stuffer from Northern Tool. Getting ready for a Memorial Day Q. My first batch of brats came straight out of Rytek Kuta's book. I then made a batch of chicken/sun-dried tom's/garlic/basil from another great book called Charcuterie.

Here are the brats.

I slow cooked them in 170 degree water until an internal temp of 150. Packed and froze'em.

Here are the chicken sausages. They're on the smoker as I type this. Will freeze and pack as well. I love making this stuff!

2. daboys

daboys Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great looking sausages. Welcome to your new hobby/addiction. There is nothing better then homemade brats. [​IMG]

3. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Fine lookin sausage yall whooped up there! Great part a the craft fer sure! Them gonna be great cooked in beer an then onta the grill fer a bit!

4. nomorecoop

nomorecoop Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Send some my way!!! Looks great!!!!

5. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Those look awesome congrats on a fine job [​IMG]

6. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great looking sausage. Let us know how those bratwurst taste. I can't seem to make Rytek's sausage without personalizing it with more garlic, jalapenos, etc. The brats are on my list of things to do next. Thanks for the pics.

7. cajunsmoke13

cajunsmoke13 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great job...[​IMG]