First time with new Thermo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pocketaces

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
Green Bay, WI
I got a new wireless thermo and am using it today to keep an eye on the real temps at grate level.

Wow. I was cooking WAY too hot up until now. At least I know how off I was now. It seems to be about 30 degrees hotter at grate level then what the factory unit says. I have a maverick-73 on the way so I'll have two wireless thermos going.

I've got some HUGE spares and 2 Chuckies going today.

Been on for about two hours I better go get some apple juice on them and check the internal of the chuckies.

Qview to follow.

Maybe this thread should be in General. I'm not sure....

Congrats on the new toy.

I have 3 wireless and 1 digital with high alarm.

Hopefully you are in a better boat then myself. I live in the downstairs at the computer. The smoker lives in the driveway and unless I move it to right in front of the front door my receivers won't read temps while I have them at the computer. Its a good thing the drum moves easy.

Good job on having a reliable therm to monitor the temps at grate level during your smoke. The ET-73 is definitely useful, and a Thermopen is a great addition to the therm-arsenal as well.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I don't know what is happening but the ribs dont seem near done. I foiled them for another hour then after that put sause on them like the lady likes.

The two chuckies I've had foiled for an hour but they are no w where neat "pull ready".

I'm giving everything one more hour.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky