• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First Time Venison Ring Bologna

slavikborisov

Smoke Blower
Joined Aug 24, 2021
Just some FYI.

If you order the lebanon bologna mix from them you will need to mix, stuff smoke the same day. Dont let the meat or chubs rest overnight in the fridge as they use ECA in this mix.
Good to know thank you! Does the ECA come in a separate package as I've read your supposed to add it in the last minute of mixing so to not break apart the encapsulation?

BGKYSmoker

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Good to know thank you! Does the ECA come in a separate package as I've read your supposed to add it in the last minute of mixing so to not break apart the encapsulation?
Normally the ECA is in a bag. Dont know why Pitts but it right into the mix.
Yes mix ECA in by hand so it dont break

uncle eddie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 14, 2016
Great looking bologna! I am jealous of some of your equipment. That meat mixer looks like it might be my next purchase.

GATOR240

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 15, 2017
That's one heck of a nice job! Looks delicious. Depending on what part of Pa. you live in, I may be over for a sample or five!! :emoji_laughing:

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 1, 2019
I'm not sure how I missed this thread, but you did an outstanding job. The sliced shot with the mustard seeds is exactly the way I like my bologna to look.... I'm overdue for making some, this might have pushed me over the edge.

indaswamp

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
How long have you had the LEM motorized stuffer? I bought the 30# motorized stuffer 2 1/2 years ago and love it. Even stuffs snack sticks without a hitch.

slavikborisov

Smoke Blower
Joined Aug 24, 2021
How long have you had the LEM motorized stuffer? I bought the 30# motorized stuffer 2 1/2 years ago and love it. Even stuffs snack sticks without a hitch.
Just bought it a few months ago along with the rest of my equipment lol but i love it so far!

slavikborisov

Smoke Blower
Joined Aug 24, 2021
I'm not sure how I missed this thread, but you did an outstanding job. The sliced shot with the mustard seeds is exactly the way I like my bologna to look.... I'm overdue for making some, this might have pushed me over the edge.
Thank you!!

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Nice I was just out there recently at the rural king because they said they had lumber jack pellets but turns out they were all sold out so I ended up
getting their brand ….pretty nice store though!

Yup. Very new store.

jimmyinsd

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 16, 2017
very nice work, I would be curious to see more on your custom pellet smoker. Did you happen to do a thread on that or keep any documentation of your build?

slavikborisov

Smoke Blower
Joined Aug 24, 2021
very nice work, I would be curious to see more on your custom pellet smoker. Did you happen to do a thread on that or keep any documentation of your build?

Yep!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.