First time using my remote thermo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jeff 1

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
This thing is cool,  I got it at walmart so its nothing fancy.  I have it in my brinkman vertical smoker hanging through a hunk of hickory on the top rack,  it is about 1"-2" from my boston butt.  Comparing it with the factory thermo gauge in the door I am amazed at how slow and off the factory one is.

I do have one question though,  If I were to buy a second or third one would they interfere with each others signal?

This thing is cool,  I got it at walmart so its nothing fancy.  I have it in my brinkman vertical smoker hanging through a hunk of hickory on the top rack,  it is about 1"-2" from my boston butt.  Comparing it with the factory thermo gauge in the door I am amazed at how slow and off the factory one is.

I do have one question though,  If I were to buy a second or third one would they interfere with each others signal?
So far all discussions I have read say "NO Problem".

Bear

Yea I use two mavericks as well and they never seem to interfere with each other. I don't know how it works but they don't. I don't know if each one is on its own frequency or what???? I am still waiting to hear the answer to that. If for some reason you go two units that were on the same frequency you would think they would interfere with each other. 

I have several Taylors & AccuRites, if you turn them on one at a time they sink up with the receiver you just turned on not the one that has sinked up already. I don't know how they just do it. I don't think they could all be different frequency's. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will come along soon.

This is probably why the Mavericks don't interfere with each other:

The Maverick Redi Chek[emoji]174[/emoji] Smoker needs the receiver to register the radio frequency signal from the transmitter.

Registering Receiver & Transmitter

1. Plug the stainless steel probe sensors into the corresponding plug ins of the transmitter.

2. Remove the battery compartment door of the transmitter

3. Turn the Receiver on by sliding switch on the rear of the receiver from OFF to ON.

4. Turn Transmitter on by sliding switch on the rear of the transmitter from OFF to ON. This needs to be

done within 60 seconds of turning on the receiver in order for the receiver to register the signal from the

transmitter. If it doesn’t beep within 5-10 seconds slide switch OFF wait a few seconds and then switch back

ON. Pressing and holding the TX button for 2 seconds will do the same thing as turning transmitter OFF

and then back ON.

5. Registration is complete when the unit beeps and the probe temperature appears where the “---” was

flashing. Replace the transmitter battery door. Turn screw counterclockwise to lock.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky