First time turkey breast questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnny1

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
I know this has been asked several times..My question is should you place the breast up or down..I do not plan on brining it..My plan is to cover it with B Q Sauce like I did my chicken half's and they came out excellent ..If my wife likes it then it had to be right..And I think I am going to try a higher temp at around 300 instead of 225 to 250....Please feel free to chime in here if you have comments or other advice..Thanks.John
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

Yeah, bump the heat up. Just don't over cook the thing and you will be fine, run the temp over 300 if your cooker will let you.

Breast up or down...........I always try to turn the breast away from the heat source........in mine the heat is coming from the bottom so breast up for me.

Oh......and if you are going to cover it in sauce, I would wait til towards the end if you are going to go high heat or it will probably get too black.

If you're not going to brine the bird, you might want to consider injecting it. We did that with a turkey for thanksgiving and got comments about how moist it was. The injected solution was butter, chicken broth and seasonings.

icon_wink.gif
All when well..Took a little longer I think because it was colder out in the garage today..This meat smokin sure is a lot of fun and tasty as well...

Well if I use my ECB, it is hotter at the top than the bottom, so since breast meat cooks quicker than dark meat, I would do breast down. As you can see it is a personal choice
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky