First time smoking Beer Can Chicken on my WSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

robin squires

Original poster

Hi,
I have a new 18.5 WSM and it is my first smoker. I am new to smoking and have tried ribs on it a few times and came out good. Yesterday I tried Beer Can Chickens on it. I brined them first and then applied a rub. I got my smoker up to temp and then tossed in 3 chunks of Apple Wood. They tasted great and were very juicy. They didn't last long as company ate them up and said they were the best and juiciest they have eaten. Beginners luck I guess! Lol. Any comments or recommendations on how to do my next couple would be greatly appreciated. A new recipe for brining, rub and or dipping sauce.

Thanks,
Robin from Newfounfland, Canada

Reactions: mike5051
Those are some great looking birds!  
points1.png

Mike

Good lookin birds. My goto is inject with creole butter and rub down with plowboys yard bird rub. I also don't bother with the beer. I just use the stands.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky