First Time Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

riz9

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 12, 2006
Delaware
Just bought the Char-broil silver smoker with some gift money, and just had made my first smoked dinner. I smoked two chickens, one pork shoulder, and some sausage to fill up all the extra room!!! Everything came out excellent and all my friends complimented. I had little knowlegde but the chicken came out awesome and I didn't even brine. After looking at this site I definitely must try that next time. And although the pork was delicious it wasn't as tender as I hoped, I was going for the pulled pork but now know I didn't cook it look enough or until 200 degrees, I look forward to trying Jeff's big mistake. I especially like the carolina style pulled pork. I look forward to learning a lot from everyone and eating more smoked meat.

riz9
modified silver smoker
delaware - if anyone knows where to get good smoking wood in delaware let me know.

riz9, welcome to SMF. Lots of good info can be found here. Sounds like you're getting off to a good start. Feel free to ask your questions about smoking foods-lot of talented folks here that will be glad to help you.

Enjoy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky