First time cure in my chamber

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KevinsMeats

Original poster
Jul 12, 2020
Detroit, Michigan
I am curing Fennel Salami and wondering the best way to prevent bad mold growth and case hardening? My chamber is in the basement and runs about 51 to 55 F. and Humidity at about 65 to 80%. I have a humidifier in there as well as a fan and gauges in the chamber as well, Just want my first attempt to be successful. Any advice is appreciated.

Temp is fine humidity at 80% is high. I try not to go over 75%. Did you use mold 600?

I am curing Fennel Salami and wondering the best way to prevent bad mold growth and case hardening? My chamber is in the basement and runs about 51 to 55 F. and Humidity at about 65 to 80%. I have a humidifier in there as well as a fan and gauges in the chamber as well, Just want my first attempt to be successful. Any advice is appreciated.
Yes i do use mold 600. Should i still bring my Humidity down?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky