First time Beef Short Ribs. Question.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dixiedog11

Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
Apex, NC
We bought a quarter cow last year and I am finally getting around to trying the short ribs.  After a lot of reading I think I am going to try the 3-2-1 method.  I do have one question.  Is it ok for the short ribs to rest wrapped in foil in a cooler (like you would do with brisket or pork butt)?  My son has music lessons at 5:30-6 and we are planning on eating around 6:30.  I would like to be able to pull them before his class that way we can be ready to eat shortly after I get back and not have to worry if they will be done in time.  Is it better to eat them as soon as they come out or can they rest and still be good?

Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky