First Time ABT's, Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xjcamaro

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
Western PA
Ive always wanted to make ABTs but just never got to doing it. Well my plan today was to do some rabbit (read here: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/112011/a-rabbit-feast-qview#post_699906  ) I have some extra room, i have some peppers, so lets make some.  I did not use jalepenos, i have some hungarian hot wax peppers (just a mild banana pepper) still on the plant, so i went and picked some that are about the size of jalepenos. Hollowed them out, minced up some fresh garlic and mixed it up with the cream cheese, stuffed the peppers with the cream cheese, and wrapped them up with bacon. They are now in the smoker with the other stuff, and ill have some finished pics when they are done.

All ready to go!

c6832bba_ABTReady.jpg

Thanks!

Here is the finished product. I like 'em! The peppers were not really hot, you had the spicy flavor of the pepper without the heat. Nice flavor with the garlic infused cream cheese. Next time i think i would only use half a strip of bacon to wrap it, some of the smaller ones had too much bacon on them, but were still good. I would definately make these again, probably experiment with different stuffing options.

Finished.

4ca3a6d2_ABTDone.jpg

I love sub atomic buffalo turds.
drool.gif
All the flavor none of the heat.
th_violent5.gif
I might half to try the garlic.I just mix cream cheese with shredded Colby jack.

Nice! Just made my first ABTs today, too.  Good job!  I also ran into the same problem of too much bacon b/c the peppers were quite small.  The ones where I only used a half slice turned out much more balanced, the jalapeno and cheese weren't overwhelmed. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky