First Stuffed Fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ddave

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 3, 2008
Far Northern California
Tryed a stuffed fatty today for the first time. Stuffed it with mozarella, shredded potatoes, mushrooms and scrambled eggs. Kind of got off to a rough start . . .

. . . too much stuffing and not enough fatty. But I mashed it together and put it on.

Got some TBS going . . .

After about 1-1/2 hours, end to end temps were within 6 degrees.

Pulled it off at 170 o'clock
wink.gif

and sliced a couple of hunks off.

Came out okay. Could have used a little more smoke but after the creosote ribs, I am trying to err on the side of "too little" instead of "too much" smoke. No wind to fight with and I established a much deeper bed of coals so temp control was much easier. All in all . . .not a bad smoke.

Dave

important thing is how it tasted. how did the eggs turn out get tuff or stay nice and soft???

The eggs turned out pretty well, although it was hard to find them as I removed some of them so I could get it to roll up. but the ones that were left were nice and soft.

Dave

Sounds like a tasty treat to me, thanks for the Q View.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky