First Spareribs - Reposting

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hokiesmokie

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Reposting some of my Q-view that got lost in the crash. These spareribs were from the first cook on my then newly-built UDS.

I used a rub recipe from Steven Raichlen (4-3-2-1) which included paprika, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper, in those proportions. It came out OK, but I lowered the salt content in subsequent rub preps, and started adding cayenne pepper for a little more heat.

Here's one of the slabs after applying the rub:

I smoked the ribs for six hours at 220-230 degrees using the 3-2-1 method. I added an apple juice and bourbon mixture by spritzing when the ribs were foiled. Fuel was briquettes with a few hickory chunks for smoke.

Here is some of the finished product:

Thanks for reposting. That looked great

I could definately take a bite out of my screen. lol Good looking ribs HokieSmoke!
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky