First smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wdg

Original poster
Apr 12, 2009
Morrow, Ga.
Hello, I bought my first smoker several weeks ago (ECB), wife got two hens & I fired up the smoker & dried them bird out.
icon_sad.gif
we were still able to eat them. Had trouble with ash smothering fire down. (Time to do mod's) I signed up for this forum 4/12/09 and today is the first time I am able to post. Looking forward to reading asking questions. I live just outside Atlanta, Ga. been married for 32 yrs. I'm a mechanic for major truck line. So here we go, ready set smoke.

Bill

Welcome aboard Bill. I guess ya found the Charcoal Smoker Forum section for your mods. Don't let one bird get ya down, their not the same as pork or beef. Keep plugging away.

Don't give up, after a couple of bad experiments with a ucb I took a 15 year break until I found an offset and tried again, now I am hooked. Back then I didnt know of anywhere to get advice like you can here.

Bill welcome to SMF glad you joined us. The good thing about smoking is we can usually eat our not so great smokes and most of the time they taste pretty dang good
biggrin.gif

Welcome Bill! Hens are older and tougher than fryers and roasters so they need to cook longer to get tender and this dries then out. Happy smoking and have a good time.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Hello Bill and welcome to the SMF family! Glad you found us. Hang in there and keep browsing the threads. Before ya know it you'll be turnin' out food that will make it all worthwhile.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky