First smoke with the big block

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mofo

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
Topeka
other than a couple of fattys....
the wife had picked up 4 arm roasts on sale and asked if I could smoke them. I did a little research around here and told her that they might be a little dry or tough but I would certainly give it a go.
I fired up the big block and applied smoke for 1 1/2 hours at 225. I pulled them and coated with KC Masterpiece and wrapped in hd foil and placed back on the BB for 2 more hours at 225. I checked internal temp at that time and it was 180. I wrapped it back up and left all on for 1 more hour. I removed them and placed in a Styrofoam cooler with towels below and above for 3 hours. (We were running errands and I didn't mean to leave them that long.) When we got home, they were still VERY hot. I unwrapped and they would just flake with a fork. The foil was FULL of juices which I poured into the containers that I put the meat in. The wife thought it was great (points points points) and I was well pleased in that they were not tough OR dry. Not a great meat I guess, but it came out well.

Glad everything turned out well for ya MoFo - but ... we wanna drool over the pics!!
biggrin.gif

Yeah mofo, you KNOW we love pics!!!! Reads like an awesome smoke session, but you're the only who REALLY knows!!
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

I didn't take any pics.... I didn't even think about taking any pics. NUTZ!
PDT_Armataz_01_04.gif

I don't think anyone is going to let this go. Where are the pics???
LOL
Sounds like it turned out great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky