First Smoke with Q view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

harleysmoker93

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 2, 2013
Corrales, NM
So I'm breaking in the new OK Joes. No mods yet except lowering chimany to cooking level. I decide to try out on a chicken. No time to brine so just rub and baste as I cook. Smoker is doing good. I'm useing a combo of Kingsford charcoal, apple wood and a little oak. It is leaking around doors but not too bad. I have played with it was able to adjust temps pretty easily with the dampers. I took it up to 275 then down to 225 now holding around 240 -245. So far so good for my first smoke without useing my MES.

This is after I played arround with it and kept was holding it to around 240 - 245

This is after about 30 minutes

Here is after about 1.5 hours. IT in breast 131.

Looks great. I am new to smoking. I just used mine for the first time today. Going to try chicken next I think.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky