First Smoke/Spare Ribs w/Qview!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rtclac

Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Hey all- Finally got to use new GOSM smoker(small one- I now know should've got the big one!- but only small one available at WW)
Set up GOSM after making a platform to set it on- seasoned and was ready to go.
Spares from Costco were rubbed with a recipe from al roker's rub, then refrigerated for a bit and then trimmed st louis style and placed in smoker. Hot day and had no real problem keeping temp at 225- 250 degrees because although it ran a little hot, I had to check therm placed inside every once in awhile which lowered temp when door was opened.
I used the 3-2-1 method that I learned from this great forum and had a few G&T's while listening to Kenny Chesney on outdoor speakers!
I spritzed with combo apple jiuce/rum every so often and then fished last hour with a finishing sauce from another forum using some BBQ sauce, bourbon and brown sugar- gave it a nice glaze.
Oh- used the cut down coffee can for a chip box and used hickory chunks form Bass Pro and some lump charcoal(not much) Actually had some very nice TBS and was proud of that!
Finally did some of the GREAT wicked beans that you all have endorsed and they were outstanding!!

So - the ribs were excellent! and we loved the smokey flavor and outside "bark" with inside flavor- kids would have liked a bit more "sauce" on the ribs as they are used to "famous daves's" but these were the bext tasting ribs I think they have had!
Thanks for all the info I have learned here!- I have put the time in to see how the masters here have done it and next will be doing chicken, pulled pork and keep you posted!

Here is set up

Fantastic Job! They look great, and a nice smoke ring too.
Making me hungry just looking at them! Is it lunch time yet??
Excellent first smoke!

Good lookin ribs.........I have tried ribs with no luck.......lookin at ur pics makes me wanna go try again......right now.........good job
Ty

Great lookin ribs
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Good job

Wow those look good!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Can't wait to see ur pulled pork! Keep it up, great job!

Looks awesome
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
with the grandkids around I just warm a bit of sauce and put it on the side for them to dip in

The ribs look terrific..yummmm. Sounds like you had it all going on... the music...the smoke...rids...beans... few pops maybe? I especially like the tiled platform. Great job dude on all counts.

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

thanks guys- appreciate the suggestions too!

that platform weighs a bit but had fun putting it together!
Also, next time will put some sauce on the side but I do agree- good smoked ribs are all that's needed! also will try to find some apple wood but having trouble and no Bass Pro or similar store around here
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Wow. Now those are some nice lookin ribs. Makin me hungry. Surely this can't really be your first smoke?

I think I saw apple chips at Lowes. I got mine from Menards, but you might not have any around there.

There needs to be some sort of nationwide smoking specialty store, haha.

Yeah- I think that's business that could make it! nationwide smoke stores!

Wow, great looking ribs,
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
first smoke or not!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky