FIRST SMOKE.. Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

magik grill

Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Harrison Twp.. MI
Hello.. Well finally finished my rework on an used smoker I pick up.. did a burn out this morning and stared cooking this after noon.. it was a cross flow modded to a reverse flow..
figured i would start simple.. with a fatty Red pepper, Yellow Pepper, Onion, Garlic, Potatos, and eggs.. Missed the middle pics but here is the finished product... And a Beer can Chicken figured i couldn't mess that up.. and both on the smoker.. will update later.

I like the table change. Good work on the changes. Looking for the big finish.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Yea I am work on it.. seem to be getting big temp swings.. I am using RO Lump and some Apple wood. then again it is windy here in Michigan today.. so maybe not the best day to learn.. LOL OH well

OK my Baffle plate is 12 ga stainless.. and i am using RO Lump.. I am getting 50 degree swings... could that be because of the wing?

Thanks Caveman.. I have been working it.. I have 2 vents on the in inlet one on top and one on bottom.. I had to open the top one about 1/8 of the way to hold about 235 dergrees steady.. The fattie pulled about 3 1/2 hours at 172 ... still waiting on the chicken.. it is at 157.. close enough but trying to squeeze a couple more out of it.. will post finish pic later..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky